What is the Class Space?
An interactive and collaborative learning space with a range of tools to support teaching and learning in your classroom.
If you have interoperability set up with your SMS - classes will automatically be generated with students and teachers already assigned to their classes. At the end of each year these classes will be archived as they are controlled by your SMS. As a teacher you can always access the archive area (School Zone > Browse Entire School) if you wish to retrieve pages from your old class.
Features of the class space:
- an easy to use online text editor to help teachers build rich, high-quality digital learning resources.
- communication tools such as noticeboards, forums and calendars.
- ePortfolio tools to support ongoing reflection on learning.
- Photo Gallery to share special moments.
- Filing Cabinet to share files and documents.
- Assignment tool to easily manage learning tasks.
- Polls to gather student opinion.
Sample Primary Homepage
Teachers, do your homework!
Before creating your class pages - do your homework!
- Make sure you know the school requirements for your class pages.
- Formulate a plan
- What is the purpose of your class website?
- Who is the audience?
- What features will your class site have?
- Keep it Simple!
Sample Class Site Plan
Important Note: At the end of each year your class will be archived. Archived classes can be accessed through school zone > browse entire school and check the navigator for the Archive area. If you wish to use old class page(s) again simple copy the page, go to your destination, and paste as a sub page(s).
We recommend developing shared areas for resources based on year levels or learning areas. These areas don't get archived and will be accessible for other users to use.
For example, teacher develops a webquest on Shakespeare for her Year 9 English class. This unit could be stored in the English Dept under Year 9 units of work. This unit is then available to other Year 9 teachers who can link or make a copy of this unit for their classes. This resource will not be archived as it is stored in the Department area.
If you are a primary school store all your teaching and learning resources in the School Area.