Not only do you get class and group spaces in KnowledgeNET but by default you get other areas where you can share and communicate with members of your school community (School Zone), your cluster and other KnowledgeNET schools in the Global Zone.
Need a space to share resources with teachers, students and their parents? Then try using the School Area.
This is a great place to store and share resources, general information, photos and useful links.
Here are some ideas for how you could use this space:
- School Photo Gallery - Add albums for schoolwide events and showcase student learning.
- Polls - run schoolwide polls for students and teacher to vote in
- School Forum - gather feedback from all students
- School Calendar - add all school events here
- School Noticeboard - add daily notices here
- Additional Pages:
- Library - promote books, competitions, genernal info
- Learning Tools - graphic organisers, thinking tools, study skills etc
- ICT - keep safe online, how to guides etc
- Templates - KnowledgeNET templates etc
- Policies e.g. mobile phone
- Learning Resources for specific learning areas (primary)
Talk to students and teachers and find out what they would like to access from this area.
Sample School Area screenshot
The Staff Area
The staff area in KnowledgeNET is a virtual private staffroom for teachers. Use this space to share resources across the staff. All teachers have read/write access to this area.
How can we use the staff area?
- Create polls to hear teacher voice e.g. Should we be doing Cambridge exams?
- Add private notices just for staff e.g. Staff Meeting Agenda for today.
- Add staff events to the Staff Calendar e.g. Meetings, PD etc
- Use the Staff Forum to run discussion with staff e.g read this attached article on... and post your feedback.
- Add pages to store important administrative resources e.g. meeting minutes, planning templates, assessment templates, any other templates and forms, policies and procedures etc
Ask your staff what they would like to access from the staff area
Sample Staff Area Screenshot
The Cluster Area
Share resources, setup groups and communicate with people in your cluster. Some great ideas for the Cluster Area:
- Don't have a physics teacher or a french teacher? Why not setup a cluster with other schools and pool resources by teaching classes online.
- Part of an ICT or PL cluster? Then share all resources online with teachers and use calendars, noticeboards and forums to communicate with teachers.
- Setup special groups amongst your cluster e.g. Gifted and talented programme
- Collaborate on projects across schools.
A shared space for all KnowledgeNET schools where we can easily share online resources. Learn how to share resources in the Global Zone and help our community grow!