In a few easy steps, you'll learn how to upload, organise and share photos in a Photo Gallery. Every user and group can have a photo gallery and in that gallery you can create photo albums. Albums are managed by folders in the filing cabinet.
Where can I create a Photo Album?
- Your personal space
- Your class/group area (teachers only)
- School Area (teachers only)
- Staff Area (teachers only)
To create a Photo Album:
- Click on the link in your navigator.
- Go Action > Add New Folder and configure the following options:
- Title - Enter the Title of your Folder e.g. Port Waikato School Camp 2010
- Display in Gallery - Tick this box
- Mobile no. to PXT from - Enter your mobile phone number (no spaces) if you wish to send images from your mobile phone to this folder.(optional)
- Email address to PXT to - so the images sent from you mobile go to the correct folder enter a unique email address e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org (optional)
- Accept PXTs? - Tick this option if you wish to send images from your mobile phone to this folder in your filing cabinet.
This folder will now appear in your filing cabinet with a camera icon. Any images in this folder will autmatically display in an Album in your Photo Gallery.It is recommended that you compress your images before uploading into your Photo Album.
Compressing images to under 100kb will mean faster uploads and quicker viewing times. View our recommended Software List for examples of image resizer software.
Please contact KnowledgeNET help desk if you would like the PXT functionality turned on.
To upload photos:
- In your filing cabinet, select the relevant folder e.g. Port Waikato School Camp
- Go Action > Upload Files. The file up-loader will appear.
- Press button to find images on your computer (use CTRL or SHIFT to select multiple files) or just try dragging your files into the up-loader.
- Click button. These files will upload and appear in your images folder in your class filing cabinet.
To upload moving image(s) or images larger than 500px wide please tick “Ignore Image Upload Options.
To view images in your Photo Gallery:
- Click on thelink in your Navigator.
- Select your Album from the available list. Images in this Album will appear as thumbnails.
- To view as slideshow click on a thumbnail.
- Enter a Title and Comment
To change the order of images in appearing in your gallery, click on the thumbnail title and drag to desired position.
To delete or rename an Album:
- Click on your link in the navigator.
- Right-click on the relevant folder in your Filing Cabinet and select from the following options:
- Open Folder - to view contents
- Copy Folder - to copy and paste folder to other filing cabinets
- Delete - to remove folder
- Properties - to rename folder
- View Album - to view slideshow
Using Photos in the Classroom:
Photos are an engaging way for students to explore and express their knowledge in any subject area. Photos may be used in many different types of classroom lessons. Here are a few ideas that your digital camera may be used for. Once you have taken the photos upload them into your KnowledgeNET Photo Album.
Celebrating & Sharing:
- Learner of the week
- Learning Exemplars
- Class Trips & Events
- Illustrate steps in a procedure
- A class big book
- Make abstract concepts concrete e.g. get students to take real-life instances of fractions or geometrical shapes.
- Photo Essays
- Practice Identification e.g. vertebrate or invertebrate
- Challenge Preconceptions e.g. stereotypes