What is the links area?
The links area is a place to share useful links such as PDF's, PowerPoint Presentations, Digital Learning Objects, Videos, Website Links and more! Simply drag 'n' drop resources from your filing cabinet, your navigator or the search centre into the links area.
Where is it located?
The links area is always located on the left-hand side of your KnowledgeNET screen. If you can't see it, turn it on by clicking on Action > Properties > and check enable links area. It will also automatically appear if you drag links near this area.
How do I use it?
Let's say you want to create a online lesson for your students. Use the links area to drag all the relevant and useful links.
Adding Links from Websites outside of the KnowledgeNET Research Centre
Sometimes you might simply want to copy and paste a website address from outside the KnowledgeNET. To do this:
- Copy the website address e.g. www.google.com
- Go to the KN page where you wish to add the link.
- Click Action > Edit Links and the Edit Links window will appear.
- Click and the Add External Link Window will appear.
- Paste the website Address in the URL field and click Get Title, alternatively type the title of the website.
- Click OK to add to your list of links
- Click Ok to save. Your external link will now appear in your links area.