The assignments tool allows you to collect work from students, review it and provide feedback including grades. Students can submit any digital content (files), including, for example, word-processed documents, spreadsheets, images, audio and video clips. Assignments don't necessarily have to consist of file uploads. Alternatively, teachers can ask students to type directly into KnowledgeNET using the online text editor.
Use the assignment tool to manage homework, projects, tasks and assessments.
To create an assignment for your class:
- Click on in your group/class navigator.
- Choose .The Add Assignment window will appear.
- Configure the following options:
- Restrict to year level - only if restricting to specific year level within your class or group
- Start Date - date that students can view assignment
- End Date - Assignment is closed and no work can be submitted.
- Click to enter the instructions for your assignment.
- Click to update the details of your assignment.
- Then again to add your assignment.
We’ve made it easy to manage your class assignments.
To access student submissions and give individual feedback on an assignment:
- Go to My Zone > Manage Assignments to view a list of all your created assignments.
- Find the specific assignment and select Action > View Assignment Results. A list of student names will appear.
- The list will also show:
- Status e.g. Haven't Started, Working on this or Finished
- Last Entry
- Grade & Comment
- Click Open next a student's name to view their submission.
- To reply to a student click Action > Add New Reply (using the online text editor) or Upload File as a Reply (e.g. upload a word document, spreadsheet etc with your comments attached.)
- Enter a grade and/or comment in the space provided and click to save.
Students Viewing Assignments:
Students can view all their assignments simply by logging into KnowledgeNET and clicking on the link in their personal navigator. This will display a list of all their open assignments with a timeline of when the assignment is due.
Students Uploading Submissions:
- Click on in personal navigator. A list of open assignments will display.
- Click to view assignment details.
- To submit an assignment click Action > Add New Reply (using the online text editor) or Upload File as a Reply (e.g. word doc, powerpoint etc)
- Update your status: