Sick of using third party software to try and capture those learning conversations? Then record directly into your KnowledgeNET filing cabinet using your computer's inbuilt microphone and webcam.
Please NB: Voice and video comments must be turned on by your KnowledgeNET site administrator under Tools > Administration > Configuration Options > General Configuration before this feature can be used.
To record voice and video directly into your filing cabinet:
- Click on filing cabinet link in your navigator. Your filing cabinet will open.
- Click and choose either record video or record audio. The video or audio recorder window will appear
- Press to start recording
- Click to enable the flash recorder * It will now start recording for maximum of 1minute
- Click to stop recording
- Then choose from the following options:
- Record another Audio/Video
- or enter a title for your Audio/Video and click Save.
- On some computers, depending on its settings, microphone feedback can be an issue.
- If you have slow internet please only allow a maximum of 6 people recording at once. Especially video recording.
- Schools will need to allow ports 1935 to be open for the media streaming and the comments to work
- Flash can crash on google chrome. Sometimes when in Chrome the flash player freezes because of a conflict between multiple flash installations.
In order to fix this please follow the next steps:
1. Open a Google Chrome browser and type in the address bar: about:plugins
2. In the plugin list locate the Flash section and click on the Details button (on the right)
3. Only one should be enabled (the one with the Location value of C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll)
For detailed instructions please check out this link: