Reflecting can be a challenging endeavour. Some students will have no idea on what it means to reflect on their learning. The following are useful scaffolds to teach the reflection process.
CAP Model (Cognitive, Affective, Psychomotor)
- What do you notice?
- What do you feel?
- What do you question?
What? So What? Now What
- What did you do?
- So what? How is this learning important?
- Now what would you like to learn?
Using question prompts
• I’m really good at...
• I’d like to improve...
• What does this piece show about your learning?
• State three ideas with which you agree.
• State two ideas you are pondering.
• State one idea that you challenge.
5. Blooms Taxonomy
• Remembering – What did I do?
• Understanding – What was important about it?
• Applying – Where could I use this again?
• Analysing – Do I see any patterns in what I did?
• Evaluating – How well did I do?
• Creating - What should I do next?