Using templates is an easy way to get users started with their personal homepages in KnowledgeNET. We provide a range of templates to help you. You can create templates for students and teachers in 3 easy steps.
- Choose your template
- Modify the template e.g. school colours
- Copy the html code (source code) and paste in the New User and configuration area.
Sample Student Homepage
To access our pre-made templates you will need to create a page so you can design and edit the template. Follow the steps below:
- Go to School Zone> School Area
- Give the Page a Title e.g. Student Homepage Template and click
- Click the templates button in the Text Editor to view our selection of pre-made templates.
- Select your template from the list provided.
- Use the Text Editor tools to modify your template - change template colours, images and personalise the text. For further help see our online Text Editor Guide
- Click the button to view html source code.
- Use your mouse to highlight and copy the source code.
Now that we have designed the template we need to implement this template for all new users:
- Now go to Tools > Admin > New User Configuration e.g. student or teacher
- Paste the source code into the content area.
- Repeat the process for each user type e.g. Student, Teacher and Administrator.
Please note that user templates cannot be rolled out to existing users - only NEW users to be added to your KnowledgeNET! Why? You don't won't to overwrite what a student or teacher has already created!