- Interoperability has not automatically generated an account for a specific user e.g. non teaching staff
- Your school does not have interoperability and has a roll size smaller than 30
- Your school does not have interoperability and you have already completed your initial bulk upload.
If your school does not have interoperability and has a roll size larger than 30 please refer to the bulk upload help instructions.
Manually Adding a User
- Go to Tools > Administration and a user list will appear.
- Click and "Add a New User" panel will appear.
- Configure the following options, the asterisks show the compulsory fields to fill in:
- External ID - a unique identifier for each user e.g. enrolment number or SMS system number etc
- National Student Number (optional)
- Title - select from drop down menu
- First Name
- User Type - select from the drop down menu e.g. student, teacher, administrator or caregiver
- Year - the current year the user is in (non student users select blank option above the 0)
- User ID - the username for logging into KnowledgeNET e.g. lisa.simpson or lsimpson or l.simpson etc
- Password - the Password for logging into KnowledeNET. Users can change this when they first login.
- Lock Account - select 'Y' to stop user changing account details, this also affects the user's ability to update their Profile. We recommend using defualt "N"
- Disable User - only used to stop user accessing account
- Email Address (optional) If using Moodle Module please enter email address
- Work Phone (optional)
- Home Phone (optional)
- Mobile Phone (optional)
- Click to add user.
Once a user has been added to the system you will need to assign them to their specific classes and groups.