Even if you don't have interoperability with your SMS you can still create caregiver/ parent accounts and associate these accounts with their children. This can be achieved by doing a bulk upload using the spreadsheet or individually assigning parents to their children through KnowledgeNET.
To manually assign parents to their children follow these steps:
- Before you start make sure you have created caregiver accounts on KnowledgeNET.
- Then go to Tools > Administration and a list of users will appear.
- Use the search box to filter results by user type "Caregiver"
- Click Action next to the caregivers name and select User's Children from the menu.
- The "manage user's children" window will appear in a new window. Use the search box to find their child and click next to the students name.
- Choose if the caregiver will receive school communication (an email feature that will be available shortly within KnowledgeNET),
- Caregiver can read school records (not applicable - SMS interoperability only), Caregiver can read deomgraphics (not applicable -SMS interoperability Only)
- Click to associate this child with the caregiver.
- When the student is set to disable as they have left your school, their associated caregivers will be disabled as well.