Provide a more secure environment for your data by setting the strength of user passwords. For example, the password must be different from the username and contain at least 6 characters.
To set password rules:
- Go to Administration > Tools > Configuration > Security Configuration
- Set the password strength for each user type by ticking your preferred option(s). Password options include:
- Different from Username - Password must be different from Username.
- Minimum Length of 6 Characters - Minimum Length of 6 Characters.
- Contain Letters and Digits - Must contain both letters and digits. For example: p4ssw0rd
- Contain Upper and Lower Case Characters - Must contain both upper and lowercase letters.
- Must Change on First Login - After the first login you must change your password or you will be denied access.
- Encrypt passwords is another security feature to protect the privacy of users passwords. Tick this option if you want users passwords to be invisible to administrators after the person has initially logged in.
You can print a list of users and their passwords from Tools > Administration > User Options > Print User List and follow the on-screen instructions.