Before creating classes, it is a good idea to setup some group categories. By default KnowledgeNET has the following Group Categories:
- Class/Classes - Room (primary), Tutor / Form (secondary)
- House/ Whanau
- Curriculum - Subjects
Students will find it easier if to find their groups if they are organised into descriptive categories.
Why might you need to make changes to default group categories?
- You don't like the descriptive group category titles e.g. Change group category title from Subjects to Departments
- You have no use for the Group Category so you won't to turn it off
- Your SMS generated list of classes appear under the wrong group category heading e.g. Kamar sends class info under the group category Other. To rectify, simply rename Other to Classes
To make changes to group categories:
- Go to Tools > Administration > Groups > Group setup
- Use the check box to turn on/off group categories (that you are not going to use) and type in the box to rename group category titles. For example, Subject/Subjects could be renamed Department/Departments.
- Go to Tools > Refresh Menu to force your main menu to update changes. Please note that the group categories will only display under My Zone when a group exists within this category. No group = No Group Category