Using templates is an easy way to get teachers started with their class or group homepages. We provide a range of templates to help you. You can create templates in 3 easy steps.
- Choose your template
- Modify the template e.g. school colours
- Copy the html code (source code) and paste in the New Group configuration area.
Sample Primary Homepage
Sample Department Homepage
To access our pre-made templates you will need to create a page so you can design and edit the template. Create your class/group template by following the steps below:
- Go to School Zone> School Area
- Give the Page a Title e.g. Class Homepage Template and click
- Click the templates button in the Text Editor to view our selection of pre-made templates.
- Select your preferred template from the list provided.
- Use the Text Editor tools to modify your template - change template colours, images and personalise the text. For further help see our online Text Editor Guide
- Click the button to view html source code.
- Use your mouse to highlight and copy the source code.
Now that we have designed the template we need to implement this template for the class/group:
- Now go to Tools > Admin > New Group Configuration and select the relevant group category e.g. Class, Subject, Sport, Cultural etc
- Paste the source code into the content area.
- Repeat the steps for each group type e.g. Class, Subject, Sport and Cultural etc. Pleas note that for each group type the template may change slightly.
Important: group templates cannot be rolled out to existing groups - only NEW groups to be added to your KnowledgeNET! Why? You don't won't to overwrite what a teacher has already created!