Groups are a great way to communicate & share with members of that group. Each group can have it's own calendar, noticeboard, photo gallery, forum and web pages.
Below is a list of some of the groups you might have at your school.
- Enviro Group
- Sporting Groups
- Kapa Haka & other cultural groups
- student support services
- Deparments/ Subjects
Teachers and Administrators are able to create groups and manage group membership. Please note that if you have interoperability your SMS will control all classes and automatically generate these in KnowledgeNET.
To manually add a group:
- Go to Tools > Administration > Group Options > Groups
- Click and the "Add Group" panel will appear.
- Configure the following options:
- Type - e.g. class, sporting, cultural etc
- Title - enter the title of your group
- External ID - a unique ID for the group e.g. Rm01
Click to add your group.
To Edit or Delete a Group
- Go to Tools > Administration > Group Options > Groups and a list of groups will appear.
- Use the Search Box to find your Group
- Click Action next to the group name. Choose edit if you wish to change any group details or delete if you wish to remove the group (careful as this action cannot be reversed!)