Create a Rule to Assign User Types, Year Levels or Other Groups to your Group
Want an easy way to assign groups of users to other groups? When would I use this feature?
- assign students enrolled in specific classes to departments e..g English classes assigned to English Department
- assign all students and teachers to a specific group e.g. library
- assign students from specific rooms into teams e.g. Room 1, Room 2, Room 3 in Rata Team
- assign all teachers to a specific group e.g. a working action group
- assign year levels to specific groups e.g. Year 1 in Junior Team
To do this:
- Go to Tools > Administration > SMS Connection > Provisioning Config
- Click and the "Add New Rule" panel will open.
- Configure the following options:
- Select user type - All, students or teachers
- In year level - optional
- That are a member of Group - select from drop down list (optional)
- These users will become members of - select the group you wish to assign them to
- Click save to create rule
Please note this will take some time to process.
To assign this rule to existing users click Action and select Apply to Existing Users