The installation and configuration of WebSYNC is a technical task and as such needs to be carried out by an appropriately qualified person, preferably the school’s IT/Network technicalresource or support person.The technical resource person will need to know the following:
- Where the school’s SMS is located and how to configure it (admin rights)
- Have administration access to the server on which the SMS is located.
- Have admin login details to KnowledgeNET/ Watchdog provisioning tool to access WebSYNC Configuration details.
- Know how to download and correctly install applications from the internet includingthe ‘Java Runtime Environment’.
- Know enough about the school’s network and internet access to be able to correctlyconfigure WebSYNC with the appropriate internet access details and network proxy settings.
Minimum system requirements to run WebSYNC:
- Windows XP (sp 2), Windows Server 200x.
- Java Runtime Environment version 1.6.0_x or later - verify your Java version here. To download or upgrade your version of Java, click here
- Administrator rights (for the installation process)
If you/your system can provide the above, you should be able to run WebSYNC Client!