WebSYNC Client must be installed on the same physical machine as the upload/download directories of the SMS i.e. WebSYNC Client will not be able to access networked folders. To install WebSYNC on a Smartnet or Linux environment please see attached guide below.
To install WebSYNC:
- Download latest version of Websync (version 2.1.1) (SEE BELOW)
- Once the download has completed, run the downloaded file.
- This will begin the installation wizard. Follow the on-screen prompts.
The WebSYNC Client should now be fully installed; however, for it to run, you must now configure it for your KnowledgeNET.
Note: If you are upgrading an existing version of WebSYNC, the existing configuration will have been preserved, so you will not need to follow the configurations steps below.
Locate or create SMS Upload Folder
You need to find or setup the common folder for the storage of batch upload files between the SMS and WebSYNC. The location of this folder is normally pre-configured in the SMS e.g. Typically for MUSAC '*Musacdrive*\CM\ELMU\Upload'
The location of these folders can be configured from your SMS.
If you are required to create a batch upload folder remember it will contain sensitive documents, so it’s important that you minimize the potential for students to gain access this folder by correctly setting permissions on the folder so that only the WebSYNC and SMS applications (or the users of these applications) can read and write to it.
- Open the WebSYNC console by going Start > All Programs > Dataview WebSYNC > WebSYNC Console.
- Select the configure tab and complete the following fields: (This information should be copied directly from your school's KnowledgeNET. Login to KnowledgeNET and go to Tools > Admin > SMS Connection > WebSYNC Configto find this info)
- School Name
- School MoE Number
- KnowledgeNET Web Service URL
- Authentication Key
- Click Browse to locate your SMS upload folder.
- If your school uses a Proxy, then configure the proxy settings.
- Click on the WebSYNC Advanced Tab and schedule frequency of uploads
- Click Save
Start the WebSYNC Service and Test
- Run WebSYNC by going Start > All Programs > Dataview WebSYNC > Start WebSYNC Service
- Click the ‘Test Connection’ button on the under the ‘Connect’ tab of your WebSYNC Console.
No connection? Please contact the KnowledgeNET help desk on: (09) 283 7460 or firstname.lastname@example.org